“He is risen!”
I agree with Simon Greenleaf — a principal founder of Harvard Law School — who called the evidence for the resurrection more convincing than the evidence for the existence of any Caesar, pharaoh or king. Here are his points:
- The empty tomb — It was historically documented that everyone saw it was empty.
- The martyrs — Would The Twelve have been willing to die for something they knew was a lie?
- The new James – Jesus brother watched him all his life and only believed in him after the Resurrection.
- The new Saul – After experiencing the risen Christ on the road to Damascus, Saul of Tarsus went from being a killer of Christians to an author of many letters in the New Testament.
- The new Peter – Before the resurrection, Peter denied Jesus when a slave girl asked him; after the resurrection he asked to be crucified upside down.